Hi all, I am in the middle of our e PO 4.6 deployment, I have deployed the Mc Afee agent to a select group of computers but I can't for the life of me figure out how to push out Virus Scan 8.8 to these systems?Most of our computers are already running an older version of Virus Scan (8.2-8.7) how do I update these via e PO without having to resort to manually do it?I am not very familiar with e PO and come from a Sophos background where it was simple to push out the latest version of the AV to all computers on the network.I am sure it is simple to do but if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. I have recently been given Administrative rights to help maintain e PO on my companies network.From the group of machines that I am in charge of keeping up-to-date, a small amount of these machines do not have the proper Mc Afee Product information displayed in e PO.I have remoted into these machines manually and checked the version numbers for these Products (VSE, Policy Auditor, HIPS, DLP, etc.) and they all list the most up-to-date information for those products, (example, HIPS 126.96.36.1999).I then open up the Mc Afee Agent Status Monitor Console and select "Collect and Send Props", "Send Events", "Check New Policies" and "Enforce Policies" to ensure that the agent is able to communicate with the e PO server without throwing out any error messages. When I log back into e PO and check the computer name in System Tree, the computer still shows an outdated version of that product number (HIPS 188.8.131.521, for example).
I've tried this several different times over the course of a week now, giving plenty of time (at least 24 hours) between the uninstall and reinstall but the issue still remains in e PO.I've done some searching online and see that other people have been suffereing from this same problem (link), but the only "solution" that has been repeated over and over was to uninstall/reinstall, which like I said before, is not working for some of my machines. I haven't found a full answer to the question I have asked, but for anyone who might be struggling with the same issue: A temporary work around is to harass the e PO server until it complies with the request.If you have more then 3 to 5 machines being affected by this issue, I would recommend doing this in very small batches, as it can affect network performance significantly.Typically, I have to do 3 to 4 cycles of all of the above steps to get the machines to react properly.
I don't know why this occurs the way it does..just does.
If you check the machine's "About" listing individually, it will probably properly list the product, but it wont be listed in e PO.